New Beginnings Reading was formed in 2017 and achieved charity status in May 2017.
Our charity’s aims
- The aims of New Beginnings Reading are prevention or relief of poverty or financial hardship of persons in Reading.
- We aim to help those who are in need due to social or economic reasons regardless of their religion or belief.
- To provide warmth, food and other essential items.
- To offer overnight accommodation.
- To assist individuals to access other long term services designed to help them become self-sufficient.
- To promote social inclusion for the public benefit by preventing people in Reading from becoming socially excluded.
- To relieve the needs of those people who are socially excluded and assisting them to integrate into society.
Our vision is to run an alcohol-free pub serving free food and drinks for Reading’s homeless and those in need. New Beginnings Reading offer support to families in need as well.
We have transformed the Queens Arms pub in Great Knollys Street, Reading so that it can be used for homeless services. The refurbishment took place during June 2018 and May 2018. The Queens Arms was successfully refurbished with the help of individuals, corporate bodies and Faith communities.
We have opened an After School Cafe for parents and children in need. The After School Cafe serves a free hot meal and has pre-owned clothing and school uniform on offer for free. Homework help is also available.