Effective date: 7th August 2018
New Beginnings Reading (“us”, “we”, or “our”) wish to inform you of our policy regarding the collection and use of personal data collected via our volunteers application form.
By submitting the volunteer form we receive and hold the following personal information:
- Information about you: name, email address, postal address, mobile and home telephone numbers.
- Information on your emergency contact: Name, email address, postal address, mobile and home telephone number
- Information on up to two references: Name, email address, postal address, telephone number and relationship to you.
We hold this information for the following purposes:
- To contact you with regarding your application
- To contact you regarding volunteer sessions you attend
- To contact your emergency contact in case of an emergency during a volunteer session
- To contact referees for references
The legal basis for collecting this information is in our legitimate interest of informing applicants about their application, keeping volunteers informed of training, activities and other information relevant to the volunteer session, to request feedback from volunteers, ensuring safety of all volunteers during volunteer sessions and selecting suitable volunteers.
Your information is stored securely with Google LLC. Your personal data you submit will not be shared with any other organisation without your permission. We will hold on to your information for a 6 month period following the submission of your application or the date of the last volunteer session you attend.
You have the right to request to view your data, request it be amended or corrected and to request it be removed from our system. If you wish exercise any of your rights, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.